Christ in You

For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. And this is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory. - Colossians 1:27 NLT

Christ in you. How is this explained? One of the most confusing statements that non believers don't understand. But as a believer, how amazing is this. Christ is in you. Right now. 

Do you feel like Christ in you makes you any different? To be honest there are days where I don't feel any different. I can't deny that I am changed by him but some days his presence seems almost absent. The other morning was a good example. I wanted to dive into his word after writing my devotional to my youth kids. I even prayed he'd give me the energy to do so. It didn't happen. I ended up wasting all my time before work. On my way to work, I started to think about what does it mean to love God with all my heart, all my soul, all my strength and all my mind. 


Then it dawned on me that this might be a linear process. I am in a season in life where my heart is in the right place. My passions and desires are for God. And because of that, my soul is his. Christ in me. But my strength? This one always stumped me. 


On my way to work, it finally made sense. Since my heart is Gods and my soul is Gods I need to now give my strength to him. Our strength is our new spirit with Christ in us battling with our flesh. All the things we do, that we hate we do, is the battle happening between Christ and our flesh. So don't be discouraged. Christ will conquer! So let's rejoice that he is in us transforming us to be more like him. This last part is giving God our mind. He is in full control and it's better that way.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seeking Christ (While We Still Can)

Moving Mountains

God Knows