Easing Your Yoke













"For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." - Matthew 11:30 NIV

If this is the case why does it seem so hard sometimes? Why does it seem heavy sometimes? If you don't know, a yoke is a harness you would put on an ox or donkey to plow the field. Jesus is painting a picture for his followers. This is how they would have seen the families or their neighbours plowing their fields. 
How do you think one would make a yoke easier to pull? Well, if you had an older ox you would pair him with a bigger and stronger ox to carry most of the weight. The load would then be easier for that older or weaker ox. 

There have been so many times in life where I have been this weaker oxen. Whether it was school projects, sports or even work. Many times I needed help or even someone to do it for me. I needed someone else to ease my yoke. 

Jesus is that stronger ox. He is taking us through life and all we have to do is be there and join him in the task. But are we trying to pull more then we can? Do we exhaust ourselves with what Jesus is already caring? 
Let's thank Jesus for his role in our life. How his work is done on him alone. Let's not try to impress Jesus with how much we can pull. Let's live a life where we trust Jesus to pull us through, so we are at peace and can be an example for someone who might think "that's the kind of Jesus I'd follow".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seeking Christ (While We Still Can)

Moving Mountains

God Knows