To Lose Your Life

I got caught up reading about Jesus calling his disciples to follow him. Did God call you to follow him? What did it look like? Is the journey what you thought it would be? All these questions flooded my mind as I read how these men just dropped everything to follow Jesus. Some left their work, others left their family. Jesus says " whoever saves their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life to me will save it." 

Why did Jesus use the word "loses"? Why not the word "give", or "offer", or "share"? Why lose? Are we playing a game of life with Jesus where he has to win and defeat us so we can also win? 

I love games. All kinds of games. Sports, board games, video games etc., but I have a hard time understanding his logic. If I lose I win, but if I win I lose? Very often God's way seems illogical. When I try to understand it from a logical point of view from a human perspective, it just doesn't make sense. But the truth is Gods way always is better. It works. 

I want you to think about this verse: Luke 9:24.



As you read it pray that God will show you what it means to lose your life. It might be really difficult. Probably the toughest thing to do to follow Jesus. But remember even though the process is difficult and painful, the truth is Jesus' yoke is easy and burden is light. 


I pray you guys are encouraged today and remember God is behind the scenes orchestrating our lives for us. So let's try to witness his moves and not take credit for his good works. Let us praise him for his goodness and his glory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seeking Christ (While We Still Can)

Moving Mountains

God Knows